LP SmartSide®: An Innovative Impact Resistant Siding for Minnesota Homes
For homeowners who love the look of wood but are seeking something more durable, we now offer LP®SmartSide® engineered wood siding in addition to our other siding lines. For homeowners who are looking for the beauty of wood at a lower cost and with far less maintenance needs, we highly recommend this siding. Why?
- Resists fungal decay and termite damage
- Available prefinished with Diamond Kote® finish with an exceptional no-fade 30 year warranty – lasting color, lasting beauty it’s also highly scratch resistant
- Available colors include: 6 neutrals, 7 nature-inspired shades, and 7 bold paint colors; custom color option
- Stain-type finish replicates the look of natural cedar or redwood; available in 10 colors
- Siding may also be ordered preprimed for on-site painting.
- Several design options such as shake, scallop, lap, and more, plus coordinating trim
Engineered Wood Siding: Superior in Many Ways
What is engineered wood? It’s a building product also referred to as composite. It is manufactured using wood products such as fibers, which are then bonded together with industrial-grade binders and water-resistant waxes. It is then produced to replicate the look of wood, with a deeper grain texture than either fiber cement or vinyl siding.
LP®SmartSide® engineered wood siding has got definite advantages over real hardwood siding. It gets a final coating saturated with resin that protects It against weather elements. It’s also treated with zinc borate, which has been shown to be highly effective in resisting decay due to fungus.
- More eco-friendly
- An economical alternative to genuine wood
- Requires far less maintenance
- Exceptionally durable
The people at Louisiana-Pacific, makers of LP®SmartSide®, have tested it in areas of extreme climate. It has been proven to hold up well in the face of hot, dry sun as well as wet weather and sub-zero temps. Some composite products can crack or deteriorate with Minnesota’s freeze-and-thaw cycles, but not LP®SmartSide®. It’s been specially formulated to resist any water infiltration that would lead to cracking and decay. That makes it perfect for the weather we have here in the Minneapolis area.
A Great Low-Maintenance Siding Professionally Installed by Our Minneapolis Siding Company
We recently added LP®SmartSide® to our siding products because it has benefits our other siding options don’t have. Of course, each siding product we install as its pros and cons. And we’d be happy to help you decide whether LP®SmartSide® or one of our other siding products would be a good fit for you and your home. Why not give us a call today for a free consultation? We’d love to show you just how beautiful durable, economical siding is.