Do You Need New Windows? Look for These 7 Signs
As homeowners around you and friends you know are replacing their windows, have you thought about yours? Maybe you think yours are fine.
But maybe they aren’t and you just don’t know it.
These seven things indicate you need new windows.
These Signs Indicate Your Windows Are Crying Out to Be Replaced
- Broken Glass: When glass in a window cracks, it allows moisture and air in. This increases heating and cooling bills, while putting your home at risk for water damage. If your windows only have one pane, a crack is even more serious.
- Fogged Panes/Condensation Between the Glass: If your windows have two panes, fogging between them indicates the same problems that come with broken glass. The fog means moisture gets in, as does exterior air.
- Damaged Frames: Although having windows that can be easily opened is an important safety feature, people will often paint over cracked or broken frames. Instead of putting people at risk, it’s a better idea to replace the entire window than to seal it shut with paint.
- Drafty Windows: Not all window damage is visible, but you can almost always feel a draft when it’s time to replace the windows. Drafts happen when tiny openings develop somewhere in the window itself, and they’re notoriously difficult to spot or fix on an individual basis.
- High Energy Bills: When you notice your heating and cooling bills getting larger, that means warm or cool air is escaping. It may be tempting to try changing how you heat or cool your home, but getting new windows is a better long term alternative.
- Your Home’s Too Noisy: One of the nicest things about new windows is the ability to keep outside noise where it belongs – outside. Minneapolis and St. Paul neighborhoods can be loud places, and single pane windows don’t do a good job of keeping the inside quiet. In addition to adding insulation, double and triple pane windows do a great job of reducing noise levels.
If you’re experiencing any of these problems, give us a call. We’re a licensed Minneapolis replacement window company always available to help you chose the right type of windows for your home.
Window Outfitters is a premier Window Replacement, doors, siding contractor and installer. As Contractor in the St Paul, Minneapolis, (Twin Cities) Minnesota (MN) metro, we proudly serve, but are not limited to, the following areas: Minneapolis Energy Efficient Vinyl Windows, Replacement Window Contractors Minnesota, Burnsville, Apple Valley, Lakeville, Savage, Bloomington, Edina, Richfield, Eagan, St Paul, Hastings, Minnetonka, Plymouth, Maple Grove, Eden Prairie, Farmington MN, Chaska, Shakopee, Chanhassen, Victoria, Mendota Heights Anderson Windows Minneapolis, Marvin Windows Minneapolis.