The Vital Things to Remember When Choosing Minnesota Siding
Now that it is spring here in the Minneapolis area, many homeowners are thinking about exterior remodeling and home improvement. And for some, that means new siding.
What you select to side your home is very important. It is extremely easy to choose the wrong siding with so many options out there. But with these things to keep in mind, you can reduce the chances of making the wrong selection when it comes to siding for your home.
James Hardie® siding
Consider These Factors When Shopping for Siding
- The Climate: The climate of Minnesota should be definitely be considered. Some products will hold up to our weather better than others. You want something that is going to keep the cold Minnesota winters out, while protecting everything on the inside. Choosing a high quality, climate-appropriate siding such as James Hardie® fiber cement or an insulated vinyl siding such as CraneBoard® can help reduce the cold weather that comes into your home.
- Your Home’s Style: When you take on any type of remodeling project, you should never lose sight of what type of home you have. You want the right siding that is going to give the best look possible. A bad choice of material can cause the curb appeal of your home to diminish. Go with a material that matches or complements the look and feel of your home. If it is a more traditional style, a siding product that resembles real wood is a good choice to go with. Both CraneBoard® and James Hardie® siding provide a way to have siding that looks like wood but is virtually maintenance-free.
- Cost Over Expected Life Cycle: Re-siding your home is not a minor expense, so you don’t want to keep doing it. When comparing costs, factor in the expected life of the siding. Some products may be more inexpensive up front but will have to be replaced sooner, so in the long run you may end up spending more.
- Maintenance Costs: You should also add in any costs of maintenance. For example, if you choose genuine wood siding, you’ll need to have it repainted or re-stained every so often, and you’ll need to re-caulk regularly. Those costs should also be included. If maximizing your investment is one of your top priorities, look for siding that has little to no maintenance, that is a long-term solution, and will continue to look as good as possible, even with wear and tear. All the siding products we offer provide this type of protection while also providing minimal maintenance and exceptional efficiency.
- Installation Quality: The Minneapolis area siding contractor you hire for the installation is a big consideration to keep in mind. The siding is only as good as the contractor that installs it. It is important to hire a Minnesota siding professional that knows what they’re doing to get all of the benefits of the siding. Learn about how it is installed on Minnesota homes.
Here at Window Outfitters, we provide a variety of high-quality siding products that can provide the look and appeal you want for your home. Speak with us today to find out how we can help you beautify and protect your home. We are a licensed Minnesota home remodeling contractor, and we serve the entire Minneapolis and St. Paul metro area with exterior home improvement services such as siding and replacement windows and entry doors.
Window Outfitters is a premier Window Replacement, doors, siding contractor and installer. As Contractor in the St Paul, Minneapolis, (Twin Cities) Minnesota (MN) metro, we proudly serve, but are not limited to, the following areas: Minneapolis Energy Efficient Vinyl Windows, Replacement Window Contractors Minnesota, Burnsville, Apple Valley, Lakeville, Savage, Bloomington, Edina, Richfield, Eagan, St Paul, Hastings, Minnetonka, Plymouth, Maple Grove, Eden Prairie, Farmington MN, Chaska, Shakopee, Chanhassen, Victoria, Mendota Heights Anderson Windows Minneapolis, Marvin Windows Minneapolis.